Saturday 4 June 2016

Day 1 #blogjune

So the lovely Sharon nags me every year to do #blogjune and every year I have good intentions but never get around to it... This year I outright said I wasn't going to do it and yet, here I am.  Seems like Sharon must have employed some good reverse psychology tactics...

I said I'd do it if I could spring board off her posts.  She agreed, but it will be interesting as Sharon runs and I don't (I aspire to but that is another story!)

Sharon's first post is about running and I can't hope to write about something like that, so I thought I would take a broader view and write about a hobby of mine (one of many) - card making.  I've been scrapbooking since 2005 and always said that I would never make cards.  If I was going to spend that much time on something, then I wanted to keep it, not give it away.  Obviously, somewhere along the way, something changed.  Back in 2012, a fellow cardmaking/scrapbooking friend of mine, Gemma, and myself, decided we'd organise card swaps.  Everyone participating makes 20 of the same card (there are 20 participants), the cards get posted to a central address and are then redistributed.  Each participant gets 20 different cards.  Rules are simple - if possible, stick to a universal card size and therefore no need to supply envelopes.  If an unusual or large card size is used, then the envelope must be supplied.  Cards to be at central point by due date (which is kind of not being followed right now...).  There are 4 swaps per year, ending April 30, June 30, August 31 and October 31.

I thought I'd end this post with a photo of my first swap card for 2016.



No comments: