Tuesday 21 June 2011

Post 15, June card challenge, days 11 to 14

And here are the last four cards for week 2 of the June card challenge. Day 11. Make a card using the colours pink and orange. This one really baffled me. Putting pink and orange together seemed so unlikely. I pushed different combinations around for a while, then finally decided to go with 1 inch strips in varying pink shades, with a thin strip of orange across the bottom scalloped border. The border punch used was Fiskars Threading Waters.

Day 12. Make a card featuring some chipboard. A simple card using coordinating 1 inch squares, with faux stitching in between. I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the bottom part of the card, on the green patterned paper. The chipboard featured is the gorgeous butterfly by Rachel from Happy Creations.


Day 13. Make a card with lots of distressing. I thought I would also go for a little bit of grunge, along with the distressing. I used three different circles to make the flowers, distressing each edge with my distresser (tip, a thread cutter is a good, cheap alternative :) ). I then added twine to the flowers for stems and put twine around the right hand side of the card to bring it all together.



Day 14. Make a card using paint somewhere. I love this card, made by stamping flourishes on acetate. For the paint component, I used twinkling H2O to change the colour of my flower!

No comments: