Thursday 6 January 2011

12 days of Christmas - Post 12 Wrap up 2001-2010

Final post for the 12 days of Christmas Twitter challenge. Many of the participants have contributed a blog post during this challenge wrapping up 2010, either professionally, personally or both. I had this on the agenda for my final post, then had a change of heart and thought I would blog about one or two professional highlights that occurred each year over the past 10 years.

  1. 2001 - Commenced at Charles Sturt University for the Bachelor of Arts (Library and Information Science). I had just missed out on enrolling in 1999 to start in 2000 so completed an elective in 2000 just before I had another baby.
  2. 2002 - Learned cataloguing :-)
  3. 2003 - Got my first Dean's Award for Academic Excellence.
  4. 2004 - Started my first professional role as a Children's Librarian, even though I was not yet qualified.
  5. 2005 - Presented my first conference paper at neXt 2005: ALIA National Library and Information Technicians Conference.
  6. 2006 - Graduated with Distinction from CSU.
  7. 2007 - Attended the Aurora Institute courtesy of the ALIA Aurora Scholarship and the State Library of Victoria.
  8. 2008 - Commenced a new role with Yarra Plenty Regional Library and convened the 4th ALIA New Librarians Symposium in Melbourne (NLS4).
  9. 2009 - Presented a paper at IFLA on issues impacting on the recruitment of school leavers to the library profession with Gill Hallam. Gill is a wonderful advocate for the profession, someone I admire and look up to.
  10. 2010 - Acted for almost a year as Operations Manager at Yarra Plenty, an exceptional professional development opportunity.

No comments: