Friday 31 December 2010

12 days of Christmas - Post 7 On documenting life

Today @sirexkat put a call out for tweeps to join in Daily Image 2011, where anyone participating uploads a daily picture, video or image of themselves to Flickr. This is similar to something I did in 2009-2010 (specifically from April 2009 to April 2010). The project was called Project 365 - you can read more about what it entails here. This is a photography project where you document a year of your life by taking a daily photo. These photos can be uploaded to Flickr, a personal blog, or printed, as I did, and then scrapbooked (as I am doing). I found it very challenging to remember, but so rewarding to be able to look back and see what my house looked like, my front garden, the car I drove, when my husband got personalised plates - true snapshots in time. I love the social history behind it all. Here are some photos I took as part of the project.

Photo of my nails
Audio book I was listening to at that time (blah)
First layout I submitted for a scrapbooking challenge
Photo I took walking along the beach in Fiji
Will I do a photo a day of myself? Not sure - thinking about it but dont think I will upload to Flickr. I have already started the project for Anthony :-)





No comments: