Thursday 24 May 2007

iPods on loan - at last!

It has been a long time between posts, but things have been moving along. In my last post, I mentioned that I had 3 emails floating around in cyberspace to Audible. One of them was answered and it turned out that we (as a public library) are definitely able to purchase and lend out mp3 audio files. Not only this, but we can actually have 3 copies of the book on loan simultaneously, which was not my original intention. it actually still isnt my intention to have more than one copy available - i will wait and see what this pilot turns out like.

There are geographical restrictions - I am not too sure what they are, but when I registered and specified my country as 'Australia', the website automatically allows me access to only what is available for purchase in Australia.

So far all is good. The iPods are being borrowed and I am sure there will be teething problems soon, but so far all is good.......

No comments: