Friday 1 June 2012

Busy, busy, busy

And so June has started and with it another marathon blogging session done by a heap of library professionals.  Am I one of them? Yes.  Am I crazy? Yes! Why would I add yet another thing to my already overflowing schedule and to do list?  I have no idea.  Somewhere inside me I want to get more routinely used to writing about what has been happening and thus articulating my thoughts.  Maybe this will happen. Finally.

So here I am writing a blog post about how busy I am instead of trying to knock some more things on the head :)  A pile of marking from Charles Sturt University was sitting waiting patiently, saved on my laptop for INF333, only to now be joined by more marking for INF310.  Yet another pile awaits from Vic Uni.  That is on this weekend's list (along with more domestic requirements, but they're boring :) ).

I'm also Co Chair for the ALIA Careers Advisory Committee and am putting together an outline for a strategic framework of sorts to guide us.  This will be fleshed out in a couple of weeks when I meet up with Anthea and I'm sure the document will drastically change form when we've worked on it for a while!

In the meantime, my head is bubbling full of new ideas to promote and enhance literacy in our community, ideas that can hopefully be implemented region wide eventually, thus reaching even more of our diverse users.

No comments: