Sunday 26 December 2010

12 days of Christmas - Post 1

Yes I know, I am already a day behind, but am hoping to put 2 posts up today in order to catch up. What I am really hoping will happen is that I will finally get my momentum with blogging back and not leave it so long between posts. I guess I am hoping to find something meaningful to blog about :)

To ease me back into it, I thought I would use a Christmas meme that I have seen somewhere online.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping paper. I only use gift bags if the present is a really weird shape.

2. Real tree or artificial?

Usually artificial, but this year we have a real tree, which is just lovely. Will either continue with that or get a new artificial tree next year.

3. When do you put up the tree?

End of November or December 1

4. When do you take the tree down?

After New Year's

5. Do you like eggnog?

Never tried it and don't think I want to

6. Favourite present received as a child?

Fuzzy Pumper Barber Set - until I realised I had to poke all the little bits of play doh out of the holes in the dolls' heads. Gah

7. Hardest person to buy for?

My mother

8. Easiest person to buy for?

Probably my father

9. Do you have a nativity scene?

I do. I have a knitted one that I made over 16 years ago that I thought would be tiny but are actually quite large. The set has 3 Wise Men, 2 shepherds, Joseph, Mary, baby Jesus, sheep and cradle. Baby Jesus can go in the cradle or in Mary's arms (she is the only one in a sitting pose). My second son sets it up on the window ledge at the front of the house every year and this year there is a sheep in the cradle and one of the Wise Men is running off with the baby :-) I get comments on it all the time.

10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?

Definitely mail!!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

A gold fabric bow on a clip. Gah again!

12. Favourite Christmas movie?

Don't have one

13. When do you start shopping?

Anytime really. I do start thinking and planning early on in the year.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

No

15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas?

My mum's roast potatoes and baked macaroni (Maltese dish called timpana)

16. Lights on the tree?

Coloured LED fairy lights

17. Favourite Christmas song?

Not sure - if it is a hymn maybe 'Oh come all ye faithful'???

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Usually fairly local - by that I mean in Melbourne at least!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

An angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

It has become a tradition to open them around 10 pm Christmas Eve

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

People crowding supermarkets like they are running out of food or the supermarkets will be shut for 2 weeks.

23. Favourite ornament theme or color?

No tinsel on tree! Purple and gold baubles, bead strings and some traditional ones my children have made over the years.

24. Favourite for Christmas lunch/dinner?

Mum's roast potatoes and baked macaroni

25. What did you get for Christmas this year?

New Nina perfume, lovely necklace with heart charm saying mum/daughter, new Kathy Reichs book (astounds me that there is another one out and I haven't read Mortal Remains yet - looks like a new series), bath salts, cant remember any more. Probably is no more!